Individual membership plan: Frequently asked questions
Due to the benefit design of your plan, you are not covered for dietary and behavioral health services. However, you can join Oshi Health as part of our individual membership plan. Please see below for details and answers to frequently asked questions.
Sign-up and billing
How can I sign up?
- To sign up with a monthly billing cycle ($190/month), please click here to get started.
- To sign up with an annual billing cycle ($2,000/year), please click here to get started.
By signing up for an individual membership, you authorize Oshi Health to charge your membership fee to your chosen payment method at the time of initial payment and each billing cycle thereafter until you cancel.
How much does an individual membership cost?
Oshi Health’s individual membership is subscription-based, with the option to pay on a monthly or annual basis.
- If you choose a monthly billing cycle, you’ll be charged $190 each month from the date of sign up.
- If you choose an annual billing cycle, you’ll be charged $2,000 annually (a savings of $280/year) from the date of sign up.
Please note: Because visits with Oshi Health GI providers (GI Nurse Practitioners and GI Physician Assistants) are included in your health plan, they are not covered by your membership fee. Standard copays and deductibles may apply for GI provider visits as noted in your plan benefit details.
How will I be billed?
Your membership fee is recurring, and will be automatically charged to the payment method on file in your Stripe account based on the billing cycle you select (monthly or annually).
Please note, visits with Oshi Health GI providers (GI Nurse Practitioners and GI Physician Assistants) may be subject to copays and deductibles as noted in your plan benefit details. Claims for GI provider visits will be billed through your health plan and, when available, you will receive a statement by email and paper to the address on-file, which will include information about how to pay your bill. You can pay your bill online through a secure payment portal using any major credit card. If you prefer to pay by check, you can send a payment to the mailing address included with your billing statement.
Am I able to use my HSA or FSA?
Costs related to visits with a GI provider (GI Nurse Practitioner or GI Physician Assistant) or external care services may be HSA or FSA eligible. We recommend checking with your FSA/HSA plan administrator to see if Oshi Health is a covered service under your plan. We are happy to provide you with an itemized receipt at your request, if you would like to submit for reimbursement through your FSA/HSA.
About an individual membership
How does an Oshi Health individual membership work?
An Oshi Health individual membership provides you with access to our on-demand, virtual digestive health clinic. As a member, we get to know you, your health history, and your digestive health goals to develop a personalized care plan. As part of your plan, you will have access to GI-specialized care team, including registered dietitians, behavioral health providers, and more. Our goal is to connect you with the right care team members to help reduce digestive symptoms, and improve your digestive health and quality of life.
What’s included in my Oshi Health membership?
Your membership provides access to integrated, whole-person GI care, including:
- Visits with our GI Registered Dietitians and GI Behavioral Health providers to support symptom management through diet and the gut-brain connection (up to 12 total visits during your 12-month membership)
- A personalized care plan to help you make progress toward your digestive health goals with treatments, lifestyle adjustments, and more
- Convenient scheduling and appointments through the Oshi Health mobile app
- Unlimited chat messaging to help you stay connected to your care team
- Unlimited access to our GI Health Coaches to support you step-by-step with your care plan
- Unlimited access to our GI Care Coordination team to help you navigate the logistics of care
- Access to our on-call clinical line in the event that you need to connect with a medical provider after hours
How long does my membership last?
Our goal is to give you access to Oshi Health’s dedicated support for as long as you need. Your membership fee will recur on a monthly or annual basis, depending on the billing cycle you select upon sign-up.
Can I choose to end my membership?
While we’d love to continue to provide you with support, we understand that you may choose to cancel your membership. If so, you can notify your Care Coordinator team via chat within the Oshi Health mobile app and we will process your request. You must provide notice to Oshi Health 7 days in advance of your next billing cycle to avoid being charged for services within that period.
What if I need in-person labs, imaging, or care?
Oshi Health services are delivered virtually. You will meet with your GI providers through the Oshi Health mobile app to develop and make progress toward your individual care plan. For some members, in-person care – such as labs, imaging, or other diagnostic tests – is necessary. In that case, an Oshi Health Care Coordinator can help facilitate care and find a location convenient for you.
If our care team refers you for necessary external medical services (such as lab tests, in-person exams, or medications from your pharmacy), the external facility or pharmacy can bill your insurance, and your standard insurance copays and deductibles will apply. Our Care Coordinators strive to find in-network, affordable partners for external services.
Still have questions?
For more questions, you can connect with a GI Care Coordinator in the Oshi Health mobile app, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling or texting 646-876–8455 (9 AM – 6 PM EST).